EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: D&D Event!
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-09-2002 06:40:27 PM
Okay, it occured to me that I like watching people get physically hurt in feats of strength. It's hysterical!

I remember watching Spartacus, the gladiatorial fights and thinking: "Why can't I make an event like that?"

If your reply was: "Because making people fight to the death is illegal, Parcelan." YOU ARE WRONG!

But if you thought: "Why there's NOTHING to stop you, Parcelan! You're a gleaming man-god!" You are correct.

It is with great pride that I announce...

PARCELAN'S DEATHMATCH EXTRAORDINAIRE

What's the jist of it, you ask? Well, it's quite simple. The D&D players of our joyous community here will all gather for a grand event in which they pit their characters against my own devilish devices.

ADVANCED JIST

1. There will be three ranks of events: "Novice" (low-level), "Adventurer" (mid-level) and "Veteran" (high-level). Each rank will consist of varying challenges.

This will be the first thing the contestants decide when they decide to sign up. The DM (Me) will decide if their categorization is appropriate.

2. The contestants will create their characters; they will be of differing levels, depending on which category they signed up in.

Equipment will be provided for the characters on the day of the event, so they need not worry about that.

3. The characters shall undergo various trials of wit, skill and strength. They will battle monsters, overcome deadly arenas and withstand terrible magic under the guiding eye of one DM (me).

This will be an elimination round, and the character shall be assigned points depending on their performance. At the end, the two characters with the highest point values will go head-to-head for the championship.

This process shall be done for each category.

4. What do you win? Well, not only do you get to show off your skill as a player! Not only do you get to advertise yourself to DMs! But the three finalists shall each be in next campaign!

'Sides, it seems like fun.

So what say you, chubby friends? Is this a good idea? Would you sign up for it? Should we bury this idea? Speaketh thine mind!

Cap'n Elethi
I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt...
posted 02-09-2002 06:43:54 PM
Ho ho ho!

Sounds like a wonderful idea.

Just remember: Second Place is still only the best loser.

Elethi Rian, A Man Of Many Talents
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 02-09-2002 06:46:01 PM
Sweet Googly Moogly! Sign me up! I'd love to do this! ooh la la!

Ozius

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 02-09-2002 06:48:54 PM
quote:
Ozimander J. Griswald had this to say about Captain Planet:
Sweet Googly Moogly!

Youpo rang? =P

Anyway, is this 2nd or 3rd edition D&D? And do we use the PHB only, or is other stuffupo allowed?

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-09-2002 06:51:37 PM
3rd Edition.

The only thing you'd need would be the PHB and time to come to my IRC room and fight it out.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 02-09-2002 06:54:40 PM
along the lines of question, which utterly surpassed any of my ideas:

Is it ALL in IRC or just the battles? Cause you said 'fight it out' and I just want to be sure.

Any restrictions as to who plays, how many play or any of the like?

Ozius

Za’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 02-09-2002 06:56:41 PM
whats is IRC room ? pm me please
"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-09-2002 06:56:44 PM
Depending on the character I will pit you in differing situations...

Gauntlets, traps, monsters, etc.

It will ALL be in IRC.

There is no limit to those who sign up, but only one will come out alive. And keep in mind, I am the judge of who goes in what category.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 02-09-2002 06:57:49 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Mr. Parcelan was all like:
Depending on the character I will pit you in differing situations...

Gauntlets, traps, monsters, etc.

It will ALL be in IRC.

There is no limit to those who sign up, but only one will come out alive. And keep in mind, I am the judge of who goes in what category.

Fair enough. The my final question:

How and when do we sign up!

Ozius

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-09-2002 07:00:10 PM
Send me a PM with what category you want in.

If this goes well enough and quickly enough, we may be able to start this by next weekend.

If we get enough competitors, that is.

So, players, DMs and wannabes alike! Come join!

Lazzay
omg mack attack :(
posted 02-09-2002 07:06:21 PM
I dunno, sounds nifty tho ^_^
one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 02-09-2002 07:09:28 PM
It sounds fun, and I'm very interested.

Sadly, I'm not sure I will be around next weekend. Just in case I am, I'll be thinking of what one of my characters to convert to 3rd ed for this.

Yah, I have 3rd ed characters. But they're all losers.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-09-2002 07:09:33 PM
IF...

-You have a basic understanding of the rules...

-You know how to create a character...

THEN YOU SHOULD SIGN UP FOR NOVICE!

IF...

-You know how to use feats and skills effectively...

-You have a set of pretty good wits about you...

YOU SHOULD SIGN UP FOR ADVENTURER!

IF...

-You've had the experience of playing a high-level character (in 3e or 2e)...

-You've a good mind, quick wits, and know what the game is all about...

-You seek a challenge...

YOU SHOULD SIGN UP FOR VETERAN!

Za’afiel
posted 02-09-2002 07:10:34 PM
do you want me to send the character with the category request ?
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-09-2002 07:11:12 PM
Just send a category request, no characters yet.

I'll tell you when I need them.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 02-09-2002 07:32:18 PM
Sign me up for Veteran or Adventurer!

[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: Giantt ]

hey
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-09-2002 07:33:57 PM
I like this idea. Presuming I can make whatever day/time you run it, I'd like to sign up for the Adventurer status.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 02-09-2002 07:53:08 PM
The blond beard pirate shall raid again. All ye maties in Adventurer better watch yer biskets.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-09-2002 07:58:58 PM
I'd like to try.

Though I haven't played 3E rules yet, just read 'em.

I'd be Novice or Adventurer.

Hireko
Kill a fish before breakfast each day
posted 02-09-2002 09:52:23 PM
<walks into the room, bones creaking, hobbling with a cane>

Well, I believe I have some of them new fangled third edition books around...

<realises he's lost his sight with his great antiquity>

As soon as I find them I'll PM you, you young fellow you.

<totters off>

Those who dance are thought insane by those who can't hear the music.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 02-10-2002 04:59:39 AM
I will ressurect my amazing Monk-Sorcerer-Dragon Disciple of Doom.

Raar

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 02-10-2002 12:44:17 PM
Hmm... Ah, hell, why not? If you'd allow me in... Sign me up for... Novice. Less chance of me being horribly maimed.
Za’afiel
posted 02-10-2002 02:51:44 PM
Gleeber Ningle the gnomish barbarian !
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peter
Pancake
posted 02-10-2002 03:10:48 PM
quote:
Ruvyen Warblade impressed everyone with:
Hmm... Ah, hell, why not? If you'd allow me in... Sign me up for... Novice. Less chance of me being horribly maimed.

Any one else see this as "Sign me up for novice so I came Horribly Maim Ruvyen?

Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 02-10-2002 04:38:11 PM
quote:
Pyscho_Pike had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

Any one else see this as "Sign me up for novice so I came Horribly Maim Ruvyen?

Not entirely sure what you were trying to say, but if you think I'm just trying to get Ruvyen horribly maimed in some way, it ain't gonna happen. Mostly because I intend to use a new character for this if I get in.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-10-2002 06:37:53 PM
(*gets a reply to his PM*) Woohoo! I'm gonna die horribly!
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 02-10-2002 06:42:46 PM
Reply to my PM... or do I have to make a character first?
Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: