EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: For those of you who play pen and paper RPGS...
Cap'n Elethi
I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt...
posted 02-08-2002 06:31:23 PM
Tell us a little about the character you're most proud of. It doesn't have to be the highest level, or the most powerful, or even the coolest. Just one you happen to enjoy playing, or catches your fancy at the moment.

[EDIT]I don't want anyone whipping out their little tiny penis and exclaiming "MY CHARACTER IS BETTER THAN YOURS!". So, keep it civil, yo.

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: Elethi ]

Elethi Rian, A Man Of Many Talents
Suddar Williams
SUDAR WILAMS
posted 02-08-2002 06:39:44 PM
Ganstrem the level...4? thief was fun. Definitely a change of pace from what I was used to.

But this was a long time ago.

Kanid
BANNED
posted 02-08-2002 06:40:01 PM
My favorite character was an elven mage/theif I don't recall her levels, but she was a lot of fun to play. Now with 3e I'm working with a rogue and he is working out pretty well.
"Unlike adults, children have little need to deceive themselves." - Goethe
Happiness is subjective, subject yourself to it whenever possible.
"A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams." - John Barrymore
Wise men still seek Him.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-08-2002 06:43:34 PM
Katsumi, my 3rd level Hengeyokai Wu Jen.

Hengeyokai are an oriental shapeshifting race that can take the form of and hybrid of a single animal. Kat is a fox ;P

Wu Jen are arcane casters for OA

She is happy, naive, and energetic, and very very curious ^.^

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 02-08-2002 06:54:02 PM
Arum`erf!
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-08-2002 06:58:29 PM
I was a Nezumi Wu Jen.... didn't much care for that character...

I haven't had the opportunity to use any of my roleplaying characters in a pencil and paper campaign yet due to the GMs of those campaigns...

I wanna play Sarchai...

ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 02-08-2002 07:03:55 PM
Z`en... definately, quite possibly the most IC I've ever gone with a ctharacter.

I did enjoy having an Aasimar Paladin who everybody owed money to back in 2e though... and my tiefling rogue who had a huge mass of wealth from mining the Plane of Mineral (not as easy as it sounds though ).

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: ArchAngel ]

"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
Tristan
Vidi, vici, veni.
Nae's Stooge
posted 02-08-2002 07:07:28 PM
Walter, my 7th level Human Sor.

He kicked so much ass.

And then he was buried in dirt and eaten by a xorn..

Veni, vidi, vici
ZaÂ’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 02-08-2002 07:17:38 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Kegwen Tabibito wrote:
I was a Nezumi Wu Jen....

heheh hi mouse

i would have to say Nith or Ankle, they are both so much fun to RP one has a stick up his ass and the other is a loony

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: Anklebitur D'gnome ]

"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 02-08-2002 07:29:20 PM
Other than the Palador character, my fave may be one of my few evil characters.

We convinced the GM to run an evil game in her world, as a change of pace from the long running UBU game. She allowed me to play a Greater Leucrotta (aka: Changesteed, a shapeshifting creature). He was a blast to play, because he looked at every other creature as food. Given half a chance, he would have eaten anyone he could sink his teeth into. The only one in the party he didn't like was the necromancer, because the children with him tasted bad (they were preserved zombies).

He had fun picking out the slave he was going to buy with his share of the loot the party got. He went up and down the rows of cages, sometimes licking people to see how they tasted.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Otku
I am no longer an idiot.
posted 02-08-2002 07:31:42 PM
Mine was my only one, he had a Thompson, it did 3d10+10, he was a Medic R.T.O. and he has TWO(!!!) White smoke grenades (whats this game? guess! I know some people here have heard of it)
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-08-2002 07:37:20 PM
I haven't played a character in the longest of times. So, instead, I will tell you about my best time of being a DM thus far.

I pride myself on the Warband I created to combat my RL group. It consisted of: a Hobgoblin Fighter (leader), a Gnoll Ranger, an Orcish Cleric, a Goblin Wizard, and an Ogre to finish 'em off.

They nearly got killed, and the best part is, the Warband escaped! At least, the Hobgoblin, Gnoll, and Goblin did. The Ogre died, as he was supposed to, but the Orc was meant to stick around.

The absolute best part will be the next time they meet...with the Centaur Barbarian aiding them!

Ukko The Papa Bear
Pancake
posted 02-08-2002 07:41:34 PM
hmmm, i have 3:
picture of her (she the one on top) http://www.bajah.com/moussy/pfolio1.htm
Ryoko: Pyro mage,later became cross class Priest ... lvl 7-3 ...
she dint do anything great, but in 2 years of play whit her, she have ben every where & every place time... her first magic object was a flying broum... whit a wish, it became as inteligent as me: 21... & it hade this power to go forward in time... odd, but fun

Delfine: first caracter ever, wood elf warrior (but died stupidly)

pic of Katha: http://www.bajah.com/moussy/prpg6.htm
& Katharina(lvl 9), Paladin paisent, that became Hero, then got two arms cut, then got fase arms back, then died, came back as a sort of minor avatar, then died, came back as a celestial, then someone banished all the gods so i became my old humain self again

(also a knight of the rose in dragon lance i hade the best game ever))

Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 02-08-2002 08:36:13 PM
First place should be self-explanatory.

Second would be a tie between Khazmon and Koric. Koric pretty much does what he pleases, with a bias towards good. Basically, a Chaotic Neutral hero type character. Khazmon is Chaotic Good- He helps others as much as he can, and doesn't mind at all if he's breaking the law. He's a little crazy, a little pyromaniacal, and really odd for a dwarf.

Cherveny
Papaya
posted 02-08-2002 08:45:29 PM
My favorite has to be Shatateena, 13th level Cleric. Highest I'd ever raised a character.

She worshiped the goddess Sinna, goddess of humor, merryment, and practical jokes. This made things quite interesting often in dealing with other party members, or people we were trying to impress as a party, especially when she cast Cure Light Wounds using stinging nettles, etc, etc....

More than one, she got punched in the face by the party's thief.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 02-08-2002 08:49:33 PM
My favorite to date, wasnt mine, but one of my players in the game I ran.

Kraknek, the Neked Barbarian Dwarb!
The voices in his head, mixed in with the love affair with an inanimate slashing weapon, and various moments of flashing the unsuspecting ladies of the group made for some extremely memorable moments.

My entire group was awesome, but for pure entertainment value Kraknek took the cake, and I think the group pretty much agreed. You didnt go five minutes without choking trying not to laugh.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 02-08-2002 09:06:47 PM
My favorites have to be my current ones. Riandar, my funny little 12th level wizard. Her familiar is Hat, the green Hat on her head, and she wears green robes and has red hair and hazel eyes. Deth's got a great imagination and the things he makes come out of Hat when she casts are hilarious (Yes, Presto is her inspiration, bite me :P)

Lia is my half-dragon/half-elf monk. I never played melee before, usually a finger-waggler. But I love the fact that she appears to be a little 5 foot nothing elf, who can beat the shit out of things with her bare hands. Very amusing.

Lamaeli is my shadow genasi illusionist. She mom's a human, her dad an elf, but Lamaeli was born on the plane of Shadow, and somehow the plane got to her in the womb and made her a Shadow creature. Her mother was horrified by her, and ordered her father to send her away, which he did, unfortunately. She lived with her father's foster parents, and was tormented by the locals. She studied illusions and other magics, and made herself a familiar, a little clay man named Pantalaimon (yes, it's from His Dark Materials, but I like the name, so bite me). She talks to Pan often, but never lets Pan talk back in the presence of anyone. So everyone thinks she's nuts. And that suits her just fine. Keeps her from the beatings she used to receive by them all.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 02-08-2002 09:18:01 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris had this to say about Tron:
My favorite to date, wasnt mine, but one of my players in the game I ran.

Kraknek, the Neked Barbarian Dwarb!
The voices in his head, mixed in with the love affair with an inanimate slashing weapon, and various moments of flashing the unsuspecting ladies of the group made for some extremely memorable moments.

My entire group was awesome, but for pure entertainment value Kraknek took the cake, and I think the group pretty much agreed. You didnt go five minutes without choking trying not to laugh.

Yes! Kraknek was good...

But he'll never hold a candle to Tynan. Tynan just has that special place reserved for him, because he's the character that's the most similar to me. (I have a confession to make... I actually think in Tynanspeak just kidding)

Kraknek was awesome though. Too bad we didn't get to play that game up more...

(hint hint Fae )

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-08-2002 09:23:13 PM
My favorite is from awhile ago.

Risk, Human Assassin.

I should re-make him with the 3E rules.

Cap'n Elethi
posted 02-08-2002 10:08:49 PM
quote:
Arttemis the Twink had this to say about Duck Tales:
Yes! Kraknek was good...

But he'll never hold a candle to Tynan. Tynan just has that special place reserved for him, because he's the character that's the most similar to me. (I have a confession to make... I actually think in Tynanspeak just kidding)

Kraknek was awesome though. Too bad we didn't get to play that game up more...

(hint hint Fae )

Was the guy Tynan the guy who spoek to the man with his guys and the man about the guy and he is the guy who spoke the guy with the man?

Or some such? I know I can't do it perfectly, but I tried...

Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 02-08-2002 10:10:52 PM
quote:
Elethi wrote this stupid crap:

Was the guy Tynan the guy who spoek to the man with his guys and the man about the guy and he is the guy who spoke the guy with the man?

Or some such? I know I can't do it perfectly, but I tried...

Tynan talk to man try to find no man man because no man no have no man man because if no man had no man man than no man not be no man anymore because no man have man.

Cap'n Elethi
posted 02-08-2002 10:11:57 PM
I'de have to say my favorite character was Renith, the elven bladesinger.

We hadn't realized you had to be a mage/fighter to use the bladesinger kit, so I used it on a fighter, and I really ended up developing the character. Of course, he's now a 16 or so in 3rd edition, but he's been through so much stuff...

He's got a wife, that he wished for (Drunken wishes don't work)...and some nice magic items.

Plus, I like his name.

Cap'n Elethi
posted 02-08-2002 10:12:47 PM
quote:
Arttemis the Twink had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Tynan talk to man try to find no man man because no man no have no man man because if no man had no man man than no man not be no man anymore because no man have man.

I was close....sorta...

Hireko
Kill a fish before breakfast each day
posted 02-08-2002 11:52:49 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Otku was all like:
Mine was my only one, he had a Thompson, it did 3d10+10, he was a Medic R.T.O. and he has TWO(!!!) White smoke grenades (whats this game? guess! I know some people here have heard of it)

Thats Recon (What's my prize?)

My favorite character:

Chaya, the 9th level fighter

She started off the campaign as an outcast dwarven mercenary, but the other two fighters in the party always cheated, and there were a lot of elves in the party that teased her. Feeling useless and weak, she decided that while she would keep fighting with them, she needed to follow a career she was better at: politics.

Over the next year (real time and gametime), she slowly insinuated herself as a trustworthy informant to every faction in the city of Ryllios. Everything was going fine till her 2 only friends in the world died in 3 days. She went crazy, and betrayed her thieves guild to find out who had killed them.

When she came back to her senses, she wrote a letter to the guildmaster saying that she had betrayed them, and understood that meant her life was forfeit. She traveled back to the city and waited. He showed up, ranted at her a while, and told her to go on vacation till she had something to believe in and something to go home to.

Finally, Chaya went to the leaders of the two opposing forces in the city, and asked them what they were fighting for. The side that was against the party was the most convincing, and she decided to try and keep the Lucien Empire in power in order to preserve the peace and stop the streets from running with blood.

An unfortunate set of circumstances occured, and the Lucien governor thought that she had betrayed him. (The DM was trying to force me to work with the party.) She received a one time teleport ring and a warning that he was going to turn on her.

Not really believing it, she took the ring anyway, and went to her scheduled meeting with him. As he accused her of betraying him, she had a choice: live, and let him think her information had been lies, or die, and let him find out it was true from her corpse. (This was a no ressurection campaign.) She chose to die, and after a day of torture, when he cast Speak With Dead, he found out he'd killed one of his last friends in the world.

She was my favorite character. Sorry that was so long. If you want to find out more about that campaign, the novel I'm writing based on it will be out in a year or so.

Those who dance are thought insane by those who can't hear the music.
Maelarr
Pancake
posted 02-09-2002 12:31:43 AM
Ewin Nyrond, Half Elf Paladin. Was frikkin huge, 7'3" I believe. He'd always just barrel into enemies, knocking down lines of orcs in a single roll.

And Roderic...Just Roderic. Halfling Theif. He grew up in a halfling town on an island that was ruled by a Magocracy. *Snickers at the thought of halfing wizards* Anyway, he could cast 3 cantrips a day because he was brought up in a magocracy as the son of a noble or something. He was taught magic as a youngin. So the DM said "You have 3 cantrips...choose them well" Much cool.

All Empires Fall, You just have to know where to push- Me
Cleric Rogue Sigpic
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 02-09-2002 01:31:06 AM
I had a 'hybrid' PsiStalker at one point that I really enjoyed.... Unlike normal PS's who can drain you by touch, he actually had to come into contact with your blood (his father was a PsiStalker, his mother was a Vampire).

Made for interesting combat... Try to nick your opponent, and then attempt to grapple with them.

There was also a Juicer I had. Poor bastard came up against something that was almost as fast as he was, but *MUCH* stronger... Didn't manage to dodge fast enough and had his drug harness crushed... as well as some of his ribs, one of his shoulders and a sprained back... Never was the same after that... Had to slow down to normal speed. Character wound up committing suicide over it (It sucked to have to IC kill my character, but it's in the character's nature)

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Tyewa Dawnsister
In Poverty
posted 02-09-2002 01:34:37 AM
Greetings,

Character I've had the most fun with eh?

Victor De'Lyon the Unlawful Kobold Scholar! I don't think I got the chance to play him over level 6 or 7, but had more fun during that time than with any other character. Goofy characters with serious undertones are almost always the most fun.

Another good one was Duris Dragonsticker aka The Blue Bandit! Total fop who really believed he was a swashbuckling hero, but normally just got his friends into trouble. I played that character up to 15 or 16 in 2e before I abandoned the character. Deth is right about 2e, classes like rogues and warriors are just no fun after about level 13 or so, they top off and just stagnate.

"And God said: 'Let there be Satan, so people don't blame everything on me. And let there be lawyers, so people don't blame everything on Satan." - George Burns
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-09-2002 02:44:40 AM
Let's see...favorite offline character? As in played tabletop? Deunan Vos, former fighter pilot for the Republic turned copilot on a Correllion freighter. Played him for a long time in a friend's Star Wars campaign. Captain was my friend Leonard, I was his partner. GOD that was a great game. Leonard and I were double trouble in games hehehehehe...

Let's see...favorite online character would have to be Ja`Deth. We never did get back to the campaign with Deth, Jan and the rest. Oh well. Deth was a great character to roleplay. Believe it or not, the Ja`Deth you guys see around here is the more mature version. Ask Jania. Deth once used a Ray of Enfeeblement to take a cursed dagger from Jan, and once used Enlarge on his flying squirrel familiar to make it the size of a large pit bull. And of course Deth got away with lighting Jan's beautiful dress on fire...

hehehehe...

My Marduk character is interesting. He's got issues. Seeeeeeerious issues. And yet he's more or less the advocate for "unusual humanoids" (genasi, tieflings, alu-fiends, etc) who generally get a bum rap. The best part about playing him is that he gets to blaspheme against the gods and there's not much they can do. If they strike him down they prove his point about them being bullying assholes.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 02-09-2002 02:56:28 AM
Favourite character I've ever had in a tabletop RPG would have to be Bluewing, from a game that...well, doesn't exist anymore. It was homebrewed. He was an orphan. (no, his parents were NOT killed by orcs, he actually found them both, alive, and rescued them at one point) He raised himself, as a street urchin, and his companion through the latter half of his life was a pseudodragon named Spark. He fought with a quarterstaff. He fought WAY TOO WELL with a quarterstaff.

He had about four different classes by the time it was all over with...we musta played upwards of 100 sessions of that campaign. He was Rogue first, then Fighter, Psionic, and Priest.

He went from thieving street urchin, to saint.

It was one hell of a ride, too.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 02-09-2002 11:02:36 AM
Wee Mad Arthur is one I love to reminis(sp) about. Those that have read the Discworld novels will understand the reference. It was great because my GM let me be 6 inches high, but still rough people up like a human size. Hehe, I got to wrestle and subdue a um...crap I forget the name, but I think they are also referred to as sea cows. Some of the most docile creatures. Well, I felt it was challenging me so I got it in a strangle hold (who knows how) and wouldn't let go until it hit its flipper to the ground 3 times.

Wee Mad Arthur also got into an argument with a talking Lemur. I didn't even get to beat it up. It dissipated in a myriad of colors while it screamed "Nooooo, you disrupting the chi!"

OH Yah! I headbutted a chicken, knocking it out, then put a small saddle on it, and used it as my steed from then on...it occasionally needed to be repersuaded though, hehe.

Man, I was so robbed with that character. The GM decided it was time to oust him from the adventure. And for whatever reason, one of my comrades used a wish to make me human sized. Claimed he thought I wanted it. So in my characters gloom and despair, I had him jump in front of a crossbow bolt that was being shot at the sun (don't ask why) and the GM decreed it hit me in the head. I had 2hp left after that. Well, I thought bolts had barbs on the end like arrows do and that pulling it out would be worse, so I decided to push it through. The GM said I take another point of damage, so I said I stopped. He then says I take 2 more points of damage, thereby rendering me unconscious. Despite my groups howls of protest, he leaves that call. So my comrade is coming over to heal me when the GM says theres a rumbling in the ground. They run away from my body as a land shark comes up from the ground and swallows my body. If that's not a GM trying to elimnate a character from the game, I don't know what is, hehe.

edit: spelling

[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: Ragabash ]

Feed my hungry soul.
Otku
I am no longer an idiot.
posted 02-09-2002 11:06:37 AM
quote:
Hireko FishSlayer had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Thats Recon (What's my prize?)

three packs of your fav cookie/snack, two two liter bottles of your choosing, and a pie of your choosing

Hireko
Kill a fish before breakfast each day
posted 02-09-2002 09:57:54 PM
Woohoo!

I'll take Doritos, Mountain Dew, and Tollhouse Pie.

Thanks Otku!

Recon rocks. Its one of my favorite games. We play it in my gaming group about once a year - and I managed to live through it AND not get disabled once!

Those who dance are thought insane by those who can't hear the music.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 02-09-2002 10:02:44 PM
Wee Mad Arthur rocked. Discworld Gnomes kick ass. Be fun to run a Discworld game using the GURPS handbook for it. I mean hell Wee Mad Arthur nutted the bull!
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 02-09-2002 10:11:00 PM
Recon? Palladium's game Recon?

If that's the one you're talking about...congratulations! you've found the one Palladium Books game that doesn't piss me off. Rifts was a great idea, but every book that came out was like Munchkin's Paradise...bigger badder weapons with every new world book or compendium or the like. When you start giving stats for gods (not their avatars...the god themself), then it's gone too far. That's something TSR learned way back in 1st edition. 2nd edition planescape and the Deities and Demigods supplement allowed for the avatars, but the hard fact is that no mortal can kill a god.

But I digress. Rifts is just one of those games that pisses me off because it was a great idea that went sour. I wish the books were more like GURPS books...full of ideas and very little annoying munchkinistic powergaming stats.

Recon was cool though.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-09-2002 10:52:43 PM
quote:
Anklebitur D'gnome had this to say about (_|_):

heheh hi mouse

Ratling. I'm a Ratling.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 02-09-2002 11:39:41 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Captain Planet:
*snip* the hard fact is that no mortal can kill a god.

No, but mortals trying to throw 10th level spells (before they were sealed off) can replace gods....

Mystra doesn't like that shit too much though....

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-10-2002 12:10:29 AM
I find it difficult to pick an overall favorite from among my own characters, simply because very few of them ever got to play out to their potential. I've had some rather poor fortune with long-term survival of campaigns, for a wide variety of reasons. Some campaigns died because the players or the GM became too busy to attend. Others saw entire parties slain due to accurate roleplay of their personalities.

When it comes to favorites out of all, I'd have to say Tynan as well. I had the opportunity to spend more than an hour chatting with Arttemis about Tynan, and I was cracking up almost the whole time. We were both talking in Tynanspeak. Artty has some real talent for humorous characters

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: